Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread
3/4 cup butter, softened
8 oz softened cream cheese
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (4 medium bananas)
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Beat the butter and cream cheese until creamy. We used the hand-mixer.
2. Gradually add sugar and stir until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time until just blended.
4. In another bowl, combine the flour and the next 3 ingredients. Gradually add the flour mixture just until blended.
5. Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla.
6. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8 x 4 loaf pans.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Put aluminum foil over it for the last 15 minutes if it is browning too quickly.
8. Cool the bread in the loaf pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
9. Remove the bread and place on wire rack and cool for 30 minutes.
Muffins: 24 paper lined muffin cups regular size. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from the pans and cool completely on wire racks.